Requesting Medical Records
- Authorization for Access/Release of Information form
- Instructions to obtain a copy of your medical records
*You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed in order to read the pdf files that contain the forms.
To obtain a copy of your medical records, please complete and sign the “Authorization for Access/Release of Information” form. To expedite the request process, please make sure to include the following information on the request form:
- The patient’s full name, the patient’s date of birth, current address, phone number, date(s) of service here at Oakland Regional Hospital, Oakland Nursing Center, or Oakland
- Regional Macomb Center. And please be sure to specify the information you are requesting: IE: operative report(s), radiological report(s), lab results, etc.
The completed form can be returned to the Medical Record Department either by fax or mail.
Our Fax Number: (248) 423-5177
- There may be a per page copy fee as determined by the State of Michigan.
- All requests are processed by a third party Copy Service – Bactes Imaging.
- For a standard request, you should expect a 5 – 7 business day turn-around. Special requests and records stored off-site will take longer to process.
- Please feel free to call the Medical Record Department directly at (248) 423-5171 (Monday – Friday, 8am – 4pm), if you have further questions.
- To check on the status of a request that has already been sent in: 1-800-560-3800 ext 2
Create your own personal health record at www.myphr.com